Culling shoes

Last week I have been de-cluttering my bookshelves again (five bags to charity, two to my parents and one to my friend), but also clothes and shoes.

I love shoes as much as I think any woman loves shoes. But there is such a thing as too much. Really? Yes, really!
For me this moment came when I realized that I did not know exactly which shoes I owned, meaning I did not wear them. So it was time to do something.

I took the time to dig up all my shoes from different closets and put them all in the living room. These are all my shoes. Twenty-eight pairs.

There are shoes here I almost never wear, because they do not fit me, or give me blisters. Other shoes are just worn or damaged.
I decided I only want to have the shoes in my closet that I actually do wear and will wear. So the culling could begin.
These are the shoes that had to go. Nine pairs.
The beige peep-toes are cute, but I cannot walk in them. The turkoize ballerinas are even cuter, but they give me blisters within twn minutes.
The sturdy hiking shoes are actually broke, so they were the ones I actually threw into the trash. All the other shoes were good enough to donate to charity. I may not like them or I may not be able to walk in them properly, but hopefully other people can wear them and enjoy them.

These are all the pairs I decided to keep.
In the back row you see my new winter-boots, turkoize ankleboots and black ankleboots, and I love these, I wear them very regularly.
Cute flowery rubberboots for when I am working on my balcony or when it is raining. They make me laugh every time I see them, so they had to stay!
In the second rown from the back you see for example my summer-sandals, walking sandals from Teva and for the rest you can see some shoes for the summer, some shoes for a dressy occassion and some for special purposes like my running-shoes.

I managed to bring my shoe collection down from twentyeight pairs to nineteen. And these are all shoes that are not damanged, I can actually walk in them and although I do not wear each one of these every day, I do know I own them and I do use them regularly.

My closets looked much tidier (always a good thing) and I also could throw away many shoeboxes, giving me even more space.

Comments

  1. Good for you! I think you should only keep things that you love and use...or, in the case of shoes, like and wear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I come to the same conclusion more and more and I strive to really do that, only keep the things I either really like/love and/or use.

      Kind regards,

      Delete
  2. Well done! I love shoes (especially boots... it's a problem) and I think I would have them crawling out from closet by now if it wasn't for the fact that I'm a passionate regular de-clutter-er. That helps to keep the size of shoe collection and wardrobe in normal limits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something very satisfying about de-cluttering!

      Kind regards,

      Delete
  3. Would you be willing to sale any?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but thank you for the offer. The ones I could not use anymore but were still good went to charity. The ones I kept are the ones I wear!

      Kind regards,

      Delete

Post a Comment